We are seeking experienced and versatile Software / AWS Data Engineers. The ideal contributor will work with a skilled team developing and operating enterprise-grade Big Data services and infrastructure on the AWS platform.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development with Java, Python, SQL
- Hands-on experience developing advanced analytics in SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services development (REST APIs)
- Ability to work across all layers of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift)
- Good working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking & load balancing solutions
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits